Monday, March 19, 2007

Go on the Shamrocks

Well the election campaign has really started this week, from here to election day it is all go. My election campaign is now in full swing and our billboard adverts are appearing across Carlow Kilkenny. Thanks to my supporters for the complements. The canvas is keeping me from blogging as much as I would like, but I promise more updates on running an election campaign over the next few weeks.

However the week cannot pass with without sending my congratulations to two local hurling clubs on winning all Ireland honours. The Ballyhale Shamrocks had a great win this weekend in the All Ireland Senior Club finals. This was a really enjoyable match to watch and it is great to be in Croke Park to see a local club do so well over the weekend.

Danesfort Fort started the week off so well, by winning the Junior title the weekend before. I did not make it to that match but from all reports another cracker of a match.

To top it all off we got our national league campaign back on track by defeating Limerick today. Well done lads, the conditions in the stand today was rough enough for us fans, good work on the pitch in difficult conditions.

Then of course there was ireland beating Pakistan in the cricket, there was an upset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the match which wasn't great, but I had a great time meeting my Loughrea cousins. I travelled back to Loughrea on the bus, and sang "The Rose of Mooncoin" all the way down. Later that night, after the team,trainer, maor uisce etc had all been welcomed back, they welcomed "the Lynch fella in the black and amber at the back of the hall". The hall in Loughrea, incidentally, is called the Temperance Hall, and, while I saw a LOT of things that night, I didn't see much temperance!!! A GREAT night, which didn't finish 'til 6am. I'd HATE to see Loughrea if they ever WIN anything.