Sunday, January 28, 2007

Death of a Colleague

The Labour Party in Carlow / Kilkenny received sad news on Sunday, with the death of Cllr. Michael Meaney at his home just outside Borris. Michael was a long standing member of the Labour Party and represented the Borris electoral area for many years.

Michael was one of the hardest working councillors many of us have had the honour of meeting and the fact that he regularly topped the poll in his area showed the feeling that the local population had for Michael.

As a mark of respect to Michael, I will not be posting my regular election update this week. I merely wish to mark the passing of a colleague and send my sympathy to his family.

1 comment:

Seamus Ryan said...

Micahel, I was saddened to hear of the death of Michael this morning. I served with him on the South Eastern Health Board and on the Health Forum South and found him to be a hard working representative for the Carlow/Kilkenny constituency. He will be missed by us all. My condolences go out to his family - Seamus